Children's Ministry at Home
Thanks for taking the time to invest in your child's spiritual life during this season of social distancing due to
COVID-19. Below, you will find all of the materials you need to lead your children at home. These resources come from The Gospel Project for Kids which is the curriculum that the kids normally do on Sunday mornings.
We pray you find these resources helpful and know that we are praying for all of you as we navigate this season together. If you have any questions or need anything at all, feel free to contact our children's director, Crystal Rankin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Pray Together
A - Adoration: Give God praise and honor for who he is as Lord over all.
C - Confession: Be honest with God about decisions you've made or things you've done that do not honor Him.
T - Thanksgiving: Speak out loud and specifically what you're grateful for in your life and in the world around us. No matter what our circumstances, there is always something to be thankful for.
S - Supplication: Ask God for His help to meet needs, solve problems, heal the sick, save people.
2. Worship Together
3. Today's Story
Preschool Teaching Video
K-5th Teaching Video
Bible Passage: Luke 1
Story Point: John was born to prepare the way for Jesus.
Big Picture Question: Is Jesus God or a human? As the Son of God, Jesus is both fully God and fully human.
Say • Does anyone remember our big picture question and answer? [Allow kids to respond.] That’s right. Is Jesus God or a human? As the Son of God, Jesus is both fully God and fully human. God’s plan to rescue sinners was for God the Son to become a human, live the perfect life we failed to live, and take the punishment we deserve for our sins by dying on the cross in our place. Keep our big picture question and answer in mind as we hear today’s Bible story.
Parent • God’s people hadn’t heard from God for 400 years, but God didn’t forget His plan to save people from their sin. Zechariah believed God’s word, and he praised God. John was born to prepare the way for Jesus. John would point people to Jesus, and they would praise God for keeping His promise to send the Savior.
Key Passage: John 1:1-2
Parent • The Word was with God. Whoa. Did you know God has never been lonely? God created man to be in relationship with Him, but not because He needed a friend. God the Father, God the Son—who is the Word, and God the Spirit have always been together.
John was born to prepare the way for Jesus. Have you ever thought that you were born to prepare the way for people to know Jesus? God wants us, no matter our age, to love Jesus and tell other people about Him.
We’re going to hear from two missionaries in Brazil who are preparing the way for people in São Paulo to know about Jesus.
Show the “Relentless Love (Part 1)” missions video and pray for missionaries in Brazil.
4. Printable Worksheets
5. Review & Discuss
1. Who appeared to Zechariah at the temple? (an angel)
2. What did the angel’s tell Zechariah? (Elizabeth, Zechariah’s wife, would have a son named John.)
3. Why didn’t Zechariah believe the angel at first? (Zechariah and Elizabeth were both very old.)
4. Why did God make Zechariah unable to talk until John was born? (Because he did not believe the angel.)
5. Why was John born? (John was born to get people ready for Jesus.)
6. What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
7. What does the story teach me about myself?
8. Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
9. Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?
10. How does this story help me to live on mission better?
Is Jesus God or a human? Jesus is both fully God and fully human.
Other Kids Ministry Resources: